Lab employees have an opportunity to make their voices heard. On August 28th we’re kicking off our focus on accountability. We’re asking you to reflect on the question, “What is one thing you can do to be accountable for IDEA on your team?” and then anonymously share your thoughts in 10 words or less.
Need more inspiration? Here are a few more thoughts & questions to get you thinking about accountability:
Diversity and inclusion are the foundation of Berkeley Lab’s IDEA strategy to unlock innovation and create a culture of welcoming and belonging—but it doesn’t end there. The “A” in IDEA stands for “accountability,” which has been added to inclusion, diversity, and equity to promote personal responsibility in making IDEA happen. IDEA aims to promote personal investment among each of us to help make the Lab more inclusive, diverse, and equitable in our day-to-day roles, perhaps by speaking up or becoming an active bystander. We all have a role to play in IDEA. Inclusion, diversity, and equity are everyone’s responsibility.
- What is one thing you can do to help create an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace?
- As a team norm, what are some ways to embed DEI as second nature to the way we do business, similar to safety at the Lab?
- In meetings, how are you talking about DEI in order to promote a personal connection and investment?
- In hiring or promotions, how are you considering attributes of inclusive leadership as part of your criteria?
- How are you engaging with your own supervisor to create alignment on measurable goals?
- In developing your team members, what are some efforts to help bridge the gap between awareness –> behaviors –> and operationalizing our DEI efforts?
We’ll be onsite at a variety of locations on August 28th and you can participate online throughout the rest of the week.
Date: Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Time: 11:30 – 1:30 pm
- Cafeteria Lobby
- Building 59
- Building 90 Lobby
Online: The online poll will be be open Wednesday – Friday if you can’t make it in person.
There are three ways to share:
- There will be Post-its and pens onsite and you can write your response and stick it on the wall.
- Wednesday – Friday Poll Everywhere will be open with the same question.
- To participate electronically, text LABIDEA to 22333 once, then text your response.
- You can also go to https://pollev.com/labidea to answer the question