Berkeley Lab’s framework for inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability (IDEA) cascades from our Laboratory vision: Bringing Science Solutions to the World.
- The Lab’s diversity strategy refers to the ways in which the organizational culture supports, celebrates, and encourages a variety of experiences, values, worldviews, and approaches.
- Our inclusion strategy refers to efforts around building a welcoming environment, where staff feel respected, supported, and valued to fully participate.
- Our equity strategy ensures that the Lab identifies goals toward removing barriers to fair treatment, access, opportunity, and advancement.
- Finally, the Lab’s accountability model promotes responsibility to manage and implement its IDEA goals, and promote personal investment for individuals to help make the Lab more inclusive, diverse, and equitable in their day-to-day roles.
Our IDEA strategy is made visible through Berkeley Lab’s three IDEA pillars:
- Workforce – employee experience and full talent lifecycle: attract, select, engage and retain
- Workplace – institutional policies, programs, environment
- Community – engagement with external partners/community