Nominations are now open for Women@The Lab awards, which honor women employees who are making outstanding contributions to their respective fields. Self-nominations will also be accepted. Submit nominations by Sept. 18.
The nomination period for W@TL 2020 is now open until Friday, Sep 18, 2020. Click here to complete the nomination form.
Categories for nominations for Women @ The Lab typically include:
- Early Career Scientist (Postdocs, Project/Research/Staff Scientists, Engineers and Division Fellows up to 10 years past Ph.D.)
- Mid Career Scientist (Project/Research/Staff Scientists, Engineers and Division Fellows, at least 10 years past Ph.D.)
- Senior Scientist (Senior Staff Scientist/Engineer level and above)
- Technical (Scientific Engineering Associates, Research Associates, Computer Systems Engineers, Engineers, Program Managers,
- Project Managers and Technical Managers, etc.)
Criteria for nomination may include examples of the following;
- Inspired by work in STEM/support of STEM
- Commitment to Berkeley Lab’s mission
- Commitment to outreach and science communication
All women employees of Berkeley Lab are eligible for nomination. We typically seek representation of at least 1-2 women from each category.
- Nominations will be reviewed by members of the Women Scientists and Engineers Council. WSEC will contact all nominators to follow up on their submissions.
- Review nomination for appropriateness and verify the nomination meets the stated criteria.
Representation of women employees across categories at the Lab.
Guidelines for submitting a nomination:
- Multiple people can nominate the same person. However, these nominations will be consolidated into a single nomination, so the quality of the nomination materials, rather than frequency of nomination, determines ranking.
One person can nominate multiple individuals by filling out separate forms.
Self-nominations are admissible.