The All Access Employee Resource Group presents an event on Disability Employment Awareness hosted by Jennfier Kumiyama and Kevin Gifford-Tinker.
This is a discussion about the contributions of people with disabilities in the workforce and the importance of accessibility in obtaining employment and in the workplace.
Date: Monday, Oct. 26 On Google Calendar
Time: 12 noon – 1 pm
Slides: National Disability Employment Awareness Month “Increasing Access and Opportunity”
Recorded presentation (begins at the 10 min mark):
Topics of Discussion:
- Underemployment of people with disabilities
- Benefits of employing individuals with disabilities (for public & private entities)
- How someone with a disability experiences the job application process
- Reasonable accommodations
- During the hiring process
- As an employee
- Possible impacts of COVID-19 on accessibility in the workplace & employment practices
- Short-term vs. long-term changes
- Positive vs. negative outcomes