NEW AND RARE OPPORTUNITY:
The Early Childhood Education Program (ECEP) has openings in its 2021 Spring preschool program and Fall programs for all ages. ECEP provides early childhood services to the Littlest Cal Bears – children of faculty, staff, students, and community members alike. Its nurturing and stimulating teaching environment sparks curiosity and a life-long love for inquiry and research.
The Bright Horizons Backup Care Summer Camp Option offers experiences for children from pre-K through rising 7th graders and you can use your back up care days to reserve your spot. The minimum age is 4 yrs old. Camps must be booked for 5 consecutive days. They will be offering camps in the following areas this summer: Oakland, San Francisco, Fremont, Corte Madera, Cupertino, San Carlos, San Jose, and Atherton.
UC Berkeley Recreational Sports currently has three in-person Educational Enrichment programs underway this spring for the youth of UC Berkeley affiliated families, including:
- Strawberry Canyon Youth Program for children ages 5-12
- Golden Bears Youth Gymnastics Learn & Play Program for ages 4-12
- Cal Skateboarding Program – L8 Skate Program for ages 8-14
Registration is open for Cal Youth Summer Camps hosted by Recreational Sports. These award-winning summer camps come with conveniences such as easy campus drop-off, complimentary early morning care, affordable afternoon extended care, a financial assistance program, and a payment plan. (No price increase for 2021).
- These in-person arts, science, and outdoor sports camps will provide children with space to learn and play in small, physically distanced groups.
- Go to camps.berkeley.edu to select the camps that match interests and schedules. You can mix and match programs to meet the needs of your family.
- Not ready yet? Join the camp mailing list to get reminders.
Summer Camp at The Lawrence. The Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley’s public science center, plans to offer both in-person and online summer camps featuring engaging STEM topics.
- Pre-K through middle-schoolers can enjoy three weeks of science fun with a small, stable pod of campers and instructors.
- High-school students can complete week-long research programs at The Lawrence.
- Online options: Try The Lawrence’s Online Science Discovery Camps for first grade through high-school students. Each online camp lasts one or two weeks, with daily Zoom sessions and exploration time. Learn more about these programs and register. Financial aid is available for all camps.
Each program will follow UC Berkeley, local, state, and national health guidelines related to COVID. Although camps are planned at this time, COVID health guidelines could affect programs, up to and including, cancellation.
For questions regarding backup care, please email Blanca Bocobo at email@example.com. Please direct any additional follow up questions to the organizations hosting these opportunities.