A healthy diet throughout life promotes healthy pregnancy outcomes, supports normal growth, development and aging, helps to maintain a healthy body weight, and reduces the risk of chronic disease- leading to overall health and well-being.
- Want Pinpoint Nutrition for your age, activity, and food preferences? Check out this Nutrition Calculator! https://www.precisionnutrition.com/nutrition-calculator
- Here’s what a Healthy Plate should look like, are you doing it right? https://www.myplate.gov/
- Spring Allergies and Colds (not to mention Covid!) call for a diet that includes these items, here’s how we can use food as “medicine” … https://extension.illinois.edu/sites/default/files/keeping_nourished_when_not_feeling_well.pdf
- Want ALL THE INFORMATION you can find and then some in regards to Nutrition? Then look no further- this is the granddaddy of all things food-healthy: https://www.dietaryguidelines.gov/sites/default/files/2020-12/Dietary_Guidelines_for_Americans_20 20-2025.pdf
- Have questions? Ask a Dietitian! https://eatfresh.org/community
UC Nutritional Wellbeing and what our Medical Benefits Providers can do for us!
Making the right food choices can be confusing, but a nutritious diet is essential for overall health. UC is measuring for success by trying to slow the growing rate of diabetes, an epidemic that is dramatically reduced with a healthy diet. Through disease prevention and care management resources, UC employees can discover the connection between their health and the foods they eat.
Learn more about your health plan’s diabetes prevention and maintenance programs and resources:
- Anthem Blue Cross invites UC PPO plan members to take a one-minute quiz to find out if you qualify for Solera, Anthem’s free diabetes prevention Most programs include small group support, access to a personal health coach and tools like a wireless scale or an activity tracker.
- Health Net offers UC members access to Omada, an online program that helps individuals reduce their risk for serious, preventable diseases, including type 2 diabetes and heart Omada promotes healthy choices and lifelong habits through resources such as access to health coaching, a wireless scale and digital pedometer, weekly interactive lessons and an online support group.
- Kaiser Permanente members with diabetes can find support through tools, resources and online and in person classes to help create a personalized action plan matching your preferences, your individual ability and your level of