The 2020 UC Women’s Initiative call for nominations is open and nominations are due here by October 1st, 2019!
UC WI is a unique, experiential professional development program offered to mid-career women, faculty, academic personnel and staff who demonstrate the potential to advance their careers at UC.
To help women advance in their UC Careers and retain women who have demonstrated potential for advancement.
Sponsors and Management
- UC WI is sponsored by the President’s Office and the Systemwide Advisory Committee on the Status of Women (SACSW)
- Systemwide Talent Management administers the program and coordinates nominations with locations
- Mid-career faculty, academic personnel and staff from campuses, health centers, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and Office of the President
- Someone who has demonstrated potential for advancement
- Build strategic relationships
- Actively communicate their value to the organization
- Advocate for their own needs in the workplace
- Coach others to demonstrate their value to the organization
- Increase awareness of diverse UC career path
- Women in mid-career who demonstrate the potential to advance in their careers at UC
- Current faculty, academic personnel and staff
- Represent the diversity at each UC location
- Represent different functions and departments at each location
- Able to commit to the program with full attendance and participation at all sessions
- Able to complete intersession assignments which require up to two hours between seminars
- Have the written support of their supervisor or Chancellor Cabinet Member
Program Participation Expectations
- Participate fully
- The UC Women’s Initiative is experiential and relies heavily on full participant contribution
- Attend all program sessions in their entirety
- Locations will be charged for participants who do not complete the program
- Complete Pre-Work and Pre-Program Survey before the first day of their assigned cohort
- Complete up to 2 hours of additional work assigned between program sessions
UC WI Participant Costs
- The $1,925 participant fee covers all program materials and facilitation fees
- Travel and other expenses are the responsibility of the individual participant’s location
By nominating and selecting an individual, the location is agreeing to payment of the $1,925 participant fee and participant travel expenses.
2020 Program Overview
We are transitioning the UC WI schedule to coincide with UC’s academic/fiscal calendar. As part of this transition, we will only be offering four cohorts in the 2020 program — two North, two South. We will return to offering six cohorts as part of the 2020/2021 program, with that program’s nomination process opening in February 2020 and its first set of cohorts beginning in September 2020.
The 2020 program includes:
- A single request for nominations to fill all four cohorts
- Program fee of $1,925 per participant
- Four regional cohorts (two North and two South), 30 women per cohort, accommodating 120 participants total
- Four sessions per cohort, co-facilitated by Coro Northern California staff and UC WI graduates
- Regional North and South final capstone events
2020 Nomination Process
The nomination process to fill all four 2020 cohorts opens August 30, 2019 and closes October 1, 2019.
Please nominate candidates here by October 1st, 2019.
All will be notified by November 1st, 2020.
Questions? Contact Kia Afcari, Manager, Learning & Organizational Development at firstname.lastname@example.org