Pride is never cancelled; nor is the Pride Parade! Come join the celebration with Berkeley Lab shoebox floats.
What is a Shoebox float parade?
The origins are unclear, but shoebox parades appear to have started as elementary school projects. With COVID-19 restrictions virtual Pride parade variations with shoebox floats are emerging at universities like UCLA, and among industry diversity approaches.
Make your own float!
- Instructions and list of materials
- Ideas and inspiration
- Send us a snapshot of your float and we’ll put together a collage of images after the parade. Email pictures to: Kelly Perce, firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for a Crafternoon of Float Making
Make your float on your own time or join us with your glue sticks, tissue paper, and out-of-the-box creativity for this crafternoon. All are welcome!
- Date: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 (add to your calendar)
- Time: 4 – 6 pm
- Zoom: https://lbnl.zoom.us/j/98582462968
Bay Area Virtual Shoebox Float Parade & Flag Lowering
Come display your own float or join in to wave and cheer on the contingents from Berkeley Lab, LLNL and SLAC.
- Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 (add to your calendar)
- Time: 3 – 4 pm
- Zoom https://lbnl.zoom.us/j/99551269097?pwd=M1F2SW1CNUFRMXprc0JqSDhTc290dz09
Hosted by the Lambda Alliance Employee Activities Association