Join us in a kickoff event for Berkeley Lab’s newest Employee Resource Group (ERG), the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) ERG!
During this hour-long event, you will meet others who are committed to the Lab’s API community and to addressing issues that matter to the community. The API ERG Steering Committee will share a draft vision and mission statement and host discussions about how to achieve its vision and mission.
Please join in to find out what it’s all about, to share your perspective, and to broaden your network.
All are welcome!
Date: Thursday, August 13, 2020
Time: 1 – 2 pm
Draft Vision Statement:
We visualize our Lab community as a place in which API members can bring their whole selves to work and be valued and receive support to reach their fullest potential; a diverse community that affirms the contributions of and supports each individual; a community that celebrates each other and stands up for each other.
Draft Mission Statement:
The Asian and Pacific Islander Employee Resource Group is committed to:
- Ensuring API employees have access to the support and capacity building they need to reach their fullest potential,
- Sharing and raising awareness about issues facing API employees and the community at large,
- Educating the Lab community about rich and varied cultures encompassed by API heritage,
- Partnering with other ERGs to ensure equity of opportunity and recognition for all,
- Serving as a resource for the wider Lab community to further the IDEA effort,
- Standing in solidarity against racial inequity and discrimination in all forms within our Lab community and work to build an environment that provides equal respect and opportunity for all.