Please join us on Friday, January 22nd for an hour of music, poetry, spoken word and, it goes without saying, great community.
Date: Friday, January 22 (add it to your calendar)
Time: 4:30 – 5:30 pm
For our first open mic of 2021 we want to welcome back all of our previous performers AND we want to take a moment to expand your idea of what’s possible at an open mic….just in case you’d be interested in joining us on stage!
Don’t sing or play an instrument or write your own poetry? Never fear! Here are few ideas:
- Do you have a favorite poem or two by Langston Hughes, Maya Angelou or our current Poet Laureate, Joy Harjo? Maybe you prefer someone silly like Shel Sliverstein? Or perhaps you’d prefer to browse for something new? Check out Poetry 180 from the Library of Congress.
- Or maybe you have a passage from a book or short story you love? Or maybe you have a fondness Dr. Seuss and can rap Green Eggs & Ham?
- Can’t sing, but love to lip-snyc? Check out the 50 best songs for lip syncing. And then check out how to play music over Zoom.
- Have a favorite recipe you can show us how to make in 3-4 minutes? One tip: keep it simple. You might not want to show us how to make beef Wellington for example, but your favorite dip might be perfect! Here are a few tips for doing cooking demos.
- Or…..recite a famous speech, juggle, do a magic trick, make balloon animals, do a puppet show, do an interactive science experiment, tell funny jokes, create a skit….
We hope to see you there!
Can’t make it this time, but would like to perform in the future? Here are the dates for the upcoming open mics in 2021:
- Friday, March 19
- Friday, May 21
- Friday, July 23
- Friday, September 17
- Friday, November 19