UC has opened its call for nominations for the 2021/2022 UC Women’s Initiative (UC WI) for Professional Development program. This program is a unique, experiential, systemwide professional development program for mid-career woman-identified professionals that brings together participants from every UC location. This program is sponsored by the UC Systemwide Advisory Committee on the Status of Women (SACSW) and UCOP. Our SACSW representatives are Asmita Patel and Lady Idos. The 2021/2022 program will be held virtually.
This call for nominations is now open and will close at the end of the day, Friday, April 30, 2021. Please use this form to submit your nominee(s).
This nomination is for the following UC WI cohorts:
– Cohort 1 (September – November 2021)
– Cohort 2 (January – March 2022)
– Cohort 3 (April – June 2022)
Criteria for Nominees:
- Is a woman-identified professional or supports woman-identified professionals and seeks to learn concepts that improve their effectiveness at work and hear about the career journeys of established UC leaders
- Is in a mid-career position (i.e., not in an entry level role, not in a senior management role)
- Has demonstrated potential for advancement
- Represents the diversity of Berkeley Lab
- Is able to commit to the program with full participation in all sessions
- Is able to complete intersession assignments which require up to two hours of time between sessions
Program selection criteria:
- Represents different disciplines and departments across Berkeley Lab; a mix of staff from Operations and Sciences; a mix of supervisor and individual contributors
- Has commitment and participation support from their supervisor and division management
- Prior UC-WI alternates from past years who were not selected will receive first consideration
- There will be 6 participants and 3 alternates selected.
UC WI Participant Costs:
- Participant fee is $1050 (virtual program rate) covers all program materials and facilitation fees
- The participant’s division is responsible for covering program costs and the participant’s effort during the program
- The program will be offered completely virtually through June 2022
Note: The participant fee is expected to increase back to $1950 (or higher) once the program returns to in-person sessions. The division will be responsible for covering program and travel costs in accordance with the Lab’s Travel Policy.
If you have any questions, please you may email email@example.com.