Berkeley Lab will be hosting its 5th Annual Diversity Cultural Festival on Wednesday, October 28th from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at the Cafeteria patio. This year’s theme will be: “A Taste of Berkeley Lab” (poster coming soon):
Join us for a culinary extravaganza as Berkeley Lab’s Bay View Cafe, managed by the Epicurean Group, and our employee clubs showcase dishes from around the world. We will unveil our first Berkeley Lab cookbook online and celebrate our community’s diversity, with representations of Lab employees’ cultures and backgrounds, including: UC Berkeley’s Cal Jazz Choir and Berkeley Lab’s Dance Club, Filipino Martial Arts Club, Karaoke Idols, Toast on the Hill, and Ukulele Club.
Booths will include representation from: the Disability Inclusion Employee Resource Group, Diversity & Inclusion Council, Filipino-American Club, Lambda Alliance (LGBTQ), Tennis Club, Veterans’ Employee Resource Group (VERG), and Women Scientists and Engineers Council (WSEC).
The Epicurean Group will feature a special menu that day:
- BBQ – Baja Fish Tacos with Cilantro Rice, Black Beans, Lime Cole Slaw
- BBQ Brisket – with Corn on the Cob and Kale/Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese
- Global Station – Indian Crusted Coconut Chicken with Basmati Rice and Naan Bread
- Vegetarian – Indian Crusted Coconut Tofu with Basmati Rice and Naan Bread
- Kitchen Table – Asian Salmon Soba Noodles and Steamed Broccoli
- Take Out item – Antipasto Platter
The deli, taqueria, and regular salad bar will also be open that day at the Bay View Cafe.
See the video below from last year’s festival.
Berkeley Lab is a global community. There are cultural riches waiting to be discovered and explored, and much to be celebrated!