The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) is hosting its second annual Justice Week 2023: Equity Empowered.
Join the conversation to learn about the DOE’s progress in advancing equity and environmental justice in the clean energy transition and ensuring climate change investments benefit the communities often left behind. All are invited to join this hybrid event.
Each day of this five-day hybrid event will be dedicated to a topic related to empowering one another in moving toward a more equitable, clean, and just energy future.
- Monday, Oct 30 – Day 1: Equity Portfolio (Executive Order 13985 and 14091)
- Tuesday, Oct 31 – Day 2: Justice40 (Executive Order 14008)
- Wednesday, Nov 1 – Day 3: Energy Justice and Community/Stakeholder Engagement (Executive Order 13985 and 14008)
- Thursday, Nov 2 – Day 4: Minority-Serving Institutions (MSIs) and Minority Business Enterprise
- Friday, Nov 3 – Day 5: Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA, Executive Order 14035) – DOE and National Lab employees only
This event will be hosted by DOE’s Office of Economic Impact and Diversity (ED). Registration for in-person participation will close on October 20, 2023 at 11:59pm EST. Registration for virtual participation will close on October 27, 2023 at 11:59pm EST.
- Click here to access the full agenda.
- Click here to register.
- Click here to view the invitation video from ED Director and Secretarial Advisor on Equity, Shalanda Baker.